Group Charades adds a fun twist to the normal game of charades as the audience actually acts out the words while the person on stage guesses. It’s a fun (and pretty successful way) to get everyone up and moving. You can even turn this student ministry game into a grades competition if you are working with a large group (ex. the 6th graders act out words for the 6th grade representative on stage etc.).
- 1 projector & screens
- Charades words (I’ve done this as a five week series – Group Charades, Group Charades – Week 2, Group Charades – Week 3, Group Charades – Week 4, Group Charades – Week 5)
- Dry Erase Board & Marker (optional) – if you want to visually display what grade is winning
- Bring up one representative per team on stage.
- On go, a word will flash up on the screen behind the representative and one team will begin acting out the word. The representative on stage will be trying to guess the word. The team has 60 seconds to get as many words as possible.
- Repeat step two for each team.
- If you are planning to use this game for multiple weeks – 1st place gets 40 points, 2nd place gets 25 points and 3rd place gets 15 points.
***Note: This may be obvious, but I forgot that since I was using the screens to show the charades words, I couldn’t also simultaneously show the timer. We eventually found a way to add the timer on top of the words slide, but it is something to think through.***